We Are Now Open For The 2021-22 Winter Season
Everyone who uses the snow surfaces and lifts at Ragged Mountain must have a valid daily Lift Ticket or 2021-22 Season Pass. This includes the use all ski slopes, chairlifts and carpet lifts. It also includes Uphill Ski Touring and Hikers in winter.
Four years ago we introduced a new RFID card system. Your RFID card will allow you easy access to the chairlifts and is 100% re-loadable, so you'll be able to skip the ticket window lines and go directly to the lifts! The card is a one-time $5 purchase, but has a shelf life of 5 years.
For more information on RFID and our partnership with Team Axess click HERE.
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Weekends & Holidays: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Weekends & Holidays: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Weekends & Holidays: 7:30am - 4:30pm
Stone Hearth Bar
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Friday - Weekends - Holidays: 11:00am - 6:00pm
Monday - Friday: CLOSED
Weekends - Holidays: CLOSED
|Total Skiable Acreage
|Lift Operating Hours
||Monday - Friday: 9:00am to 4:00pm | Weekends: 8:30am to 4:00pm
|Number of Trails
One High-Speed 6 person Lift
One High-Speed Quad
One Fixed Grip Triple
Two Surface Lifts
Lower Chute BX
The only approved equipment for lift service at Ragged Mountain are skis and snowboards with METAL edges and retention devices as appropriate. Equipment not allowed includes but is not limited to snowskates, snowscooters, and snowbikes.
Children Riding on the Lift
Any child riding a chair lift at Ragged Mountain Resort must be wearing skis or a snowboard and have sufficient ability to ride the lift. They must be familiar with proper loading, riding, and unloading practices as well as etiquette. Transporting a child in a backpack or front pack on any chair lift or surface lift at Ragged Mountain Resort is prohibited.
Guests traveling uphill
must check in at Guest Services. A season pass or a $10 uphill ticket must
be acquired for uphill access.*
- Any uphill hiking or skinning outside of operating hours is prohibited.
- Anyone skinning or hiking uphill must check in at Guest Services. (Hikers or guests on snowshoes MUST have metal edge skis or snowboards for descending)
- Uphill traffic will not be allowed to start uphill after 3:00pm. *This accounts for the 45min to 1 hour it takes the general public to summit and ski back down to the base area before the lifts close and Ski Patrol does their final trail sweeps for the day.
- A nominal fee or a season pass is required to use Ragged Mountain’s facilities.
- The ascending route will be determined each day and may be changed at any time Ski Patrol, Mountain Ops, or Guest Services determines necessary.
- Primary Route When Open
- New as of the last season, we have created a route that enters Pines from the left side of the base area, up through Reggae Glades, across the Wild Side intersection, and into a uphill specific track located under the power lines. This enables you to safely skin off of Blueberry and access the summit just behind Patrol Headquarters.
- Early season route is Lower Ridge to the top of Wild Side.
- Until one of these routes is open, there is NO uphill touring, hiking or snowshoeing.
- People will be instructed to tour / hike on the skier’s right side of the trail. This will pose no more of an obstacle than a stopped skier or boarder.
- No dogs allowed on hill!
- Ski patrol will ski determined trail to reinforce instructions to uphill users.
- Lift and base personnel will alert ski patrol in the event of hikers starting up any trail. (Hikers or guests on snowshoes MUST have metal edge skis or snowboards for descending)
- The infrequency of this practice should not pose a problem to the mountain operations.
remember as an uphill user, you are a guest of the resort and fall under the
same terms, conditions, acknowledgement of risk (RSA 225A:3) and release of
liability as any other guest of the ski area. Access is at your own risk.
Uphill Skier Code:
- Get permission to travel
- Stay to the sides of the
- If the ski area designates
specific uphill routes, always stay on them
- Don’t climb on closed
- Always be aware of traffic coming down the hill at you
- Avoid climbing on steeper
- Avoid grooming and snowmaking operations
- Follow any directives from ski patrol
or mountain staff
- Only use equipment with ski
brakes or leashes
- Be a good customer
Check out the full Uphill Story from No Lift Needed HERE.
Uphill hikers must check in at event registration.
- People will be instructed to hike on the sides of the trail, posing no more of an obstacle than a stopped skier or boarder.
- Lift and base personnel will alert ski patrol in the event of hikers starting up any trail.
- Spectators must stay outside of all fencing or ropes in place on the event venue (including b-net or event-fencing).
- Spectators must obey and follow rules and instructions of race or event officials, resort staff and/or patrol personnel.
- Dogs or other pets are not allowed on the slopes or venue areas.
- Sleds, dollies, outdoor cooking equipment such as grills, coolers, strollers or other equipment are not permitted on the slopes or event venue.
- Persons found in violation of this policy will be removed from the event venue and/or the resort grounds without refund.
Outside Food & Beverage Policy
Due to food and liquor licenses, the following are strictly prohibited at Ragged Mountain Resort:
- No outside alcohol allowed on property, including any parking area or lodges.
- No outside vendors may be brought onto RMR property for catering purposes. This includes large quantities of food labeled with logos of restaurants, fast food chains, and grocery stores.
- No buffet-style meal service may be set up by guests in the lodge. This qualifies as an outside catering and is in direct violation of our food service license.
- All outside food brought in by guests must be for individual family use only- not for large groups of people.
- No cooking or heating devices are allowed anywhere on RMR property. This includes but is not limited to crock pots, heated storage devices, coffee pots, water boilers, griddles, grills, and hot plates.
- Food and beverage staff is not allowed BY LAW to store, prepare, or reheat outside food brought onto RMR property by guests- no exceptions.
- Guests may not bring cases or large, bulk quantities of bottled beverages, including water, onto resort property.
For safety reasons, Ragged Mountain Resort prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems, or aerial drones, by the general public.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the base lodges.
Your Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right-of-way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride, and unload safely.